Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Toy

I saw the oddest toy the other day. The thing was just weird - like so many of the "new" toys I guess I just don't get it.

I don't even know what you'd call the dern thing. It was shaped like a tennis ball placed atop a cone, and the "base" and "top" were both colored lime green like the high visibility balls. Instead of a tough outer coating, it sort of had a micro suede like covering. It also had a long white clothesline cord attached towards the bottom of the base, which is how I found the thing in the first place. A plush toy on a string.

I needed a bit of cord to tie a bundle of stuff together, and when I found a tangled mess of cord. I picked it up and as I sorted it out, the attached thing became evident. Wow, was it ever heavy for something so small. It was knocked around a bit dragging it across the garage, plus I fear it got a bit dirty as well. I had a bit of fun twirling it about, but it was really too heavy for that. Looking it over, it had a black dot on top of the ball portion. What was really strange was the dot apparently followed me, seemingly swiveling to keep the black spot pointed at me. When I handled the thing, it hummed. Not a happy sort of sound, more like a muffled wasp or bee buzzing.

So, it wasn't my garage, or my kids' toy - and it surely wouldn't do to tie some stuff together. I just neatly coiled the "tail" and put the whole thing on a handy shelf, and went on about my business. And later, I asked around, and none of the kids around here have a clue what kind of toy it was.

Oh, well, guess I'm just out of it, as always. Heh.

************************************************************************************

Execute command function DESTROY

working........

working........

working........

DESTROY ready to acquire target. Visual targeting enabled.

acquiring target.......

acquiring target.......

acquiring target.......

Target acquired. Destroy command Y to commit N to cancel.

Destroy command Y to commit N to cancel.

Destroy command Y to commit N to cancel.

Destroy command Y to commit N to cancel.

Waiting........

Waiting........

Waiting........

Destroy command Y to commit N to cancel.

Waiting........

Waiting........

Waiting........

Destroy command Y to com-

N entered. Destroy command canceled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UFO???

Jeffro said...

The remnants of a dream actually remembered. I thought it was kinda cool.