Monday, November 26, 2007

Are You a Chicken Hauler Test


Your Score: Chicken Hauler


You scored 75% trucker awareness!




you got more chicken lights on your truck than you did on your christmas tree. more toys on your radio then your kids have in thier room. it costs you at least $35 in velcro to change trucks. your Mike does a lot of Bungee-jumping. You Transmit with a Road King and sleep with a ThermoKing. You use "101 reason you may be a chicken hauler" as a check off list trying to improve your score.

your my kinda people.




Link: The Are you a Chicken-hauler Test written by straycat1974 on OkCupid, home of the The Dating Persona Test


Actually, being called a chicken hauler is pretty much an insult. I'm not sure where I went wrong on the test - which was written by someone who could have picked up the skill of using spell check somewhere along the way, and didn't.

I do transmit with a Road King, but I sleep in motels, not truck stops (thank God). And unless you are a slip seater, moving from one truck to another takes a while.

And that ain't much of a chicken haulin' truck, either. An old anteater Pete? Yer kiddin' me. It doesn't even have any chicken lights on it, or extra horns, or a droopy visor or any of the other visual cues.

This is what passes for a "chicken hauler" in the derogatory sense - a Wiener Wagon:




Now, I'm not trying to denigrate this particular fleet - but it is a plain fleet truck, albeit all shined up and clean.

This is more like a decent chicken hauler:



Notice the droopy visor, the custom grill on the extended hood, the custom bumper, stainless cab and sleeper trim with lights, lights on the air cleaner, hidden (probably train) horns, full rear fenders, tall stacks on a flat top sleeper, cargo lights and custom hub covers. This is more than likely a flatbedder. I'd give him static about being a chicken hauler (if I knew him) but I'd be a bit envious of his ride. It's a clean, fairly uncluttered look that I prefer. I like the painted tanks - less to polish! The bumper isn't filled with lights, either. Less to work on after running through the ice treatments certain states use that eat wiring (I'm speaking to you, Colorado).

I'm no chicken hauler, nor am I a "good buddy." But, I am forever a gearhead!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those years of listening to country radio when CBs and trucking songs were all the rage, have taken their toll -- the quiz pegs me a driver. It's got to be the music 'cause I couldn't double-clutch worth a damn the one time I tried.

Jeffro said...

Really, double clutching is unnecessary. The clutch is required to start, and then the gears are "floated." RPM's have to match before it will go in gear, and double clutching doesn't really help that much. I'll use the clutch to "break" it out of gear sometimes, but I usually just have to adjust my foot on the loud pedal instead. They come right out of gear as you are letting off.

Doing it smoothly is another matter entirely....

Anonymous said...

There, see? If I really were a driver I'd have known that.

Sezme said...

Pretty much all of my uncles and a lot of my cousins are/were truck drivers. I scored enough to rate as trucker because of it. I don't even want to know what my long-haul uncle and cousin saw/did. Ewwww.

Unknown said...

Light's don't make a Truck driver experience does cause anybody can hold a steering wheel
A California turnaround is a thing of the past with the dot rules and regulations today's time twenty we had truck drivers today we have steering wheel holders

Unknown said...

Light's don't make a Truck driver experience does cause anybody can hold a steering wheel
A California turnaround is a thing of the past with the dot rules and regulations today's time twenty we had truck drivers today we have steering wheel holders

Unknown said...

Light's don't make a Truck driver experience does cause anybody can hold a steering wheel
A California turnaround is a thing of the past with the dot rules and regulations today's time twenty we had truck drivers today we have steering wheel holders