Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yet Another Meme

I've seen this several places today, and as far as I know, no one has tagged me. I like this one, because it's really simple. I'm lazy that way.

1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123.
3. Find the first five sentences.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.


OK:
Once they passed a handful of buildings, the biggest of which seemed to be a chemical plant. Several times they watched boxy vehicles pass below them. They were seen only once.


I'm rereading Larry Niven's The Ringworld Engineers, having finished Ringworld this morning. The paperback is dated 1993, and cost $4.46. Yep, it's been a while. You know you're getting older when fifteen years ago doesn't seem all that much, and paperbacks seem damn expensive these days. Hell, they cost more than hardbacks did back then.

And as for tagging five people - well, if you are interested jump right in. Yer blog, yer house, yer party!

2 comments:

Sezme said...

We all seem to be meme-happy. I tagged you, but it won't appear until 10:00 a.m., Friday.

:) Hey, at least you don't have to think to hard for a post, right?

Jeffro said...

Absolutely! Great Minds Think Alike!