Sunday, July 31, 2011

Best Capitulate


When it comes to Alice and her Fist of Death © , I'd prefer her on my side. Maybe it's just me.

And I'd say Scott Adams has a pretty good insight into the whole TEOTWAWKI concept and strategies.

On that subject, I do not have a "Bug Out Bag" and an escape route. I'm already where I need to be, with all the arms and ammo I might need. After my neighbors and I all run out of canned goods, we might get tired of eating beef, wheat and corn. Native foodstuffs aren't very voluminous here. My yard has a pretty decent crop of wild onions that appear every spring. They are tiny bulbs that have a mild radish flavor. Once, I thought they might make a good flavor enhancer in a marinara sauce. Three hours of digging on my hands and knees got me a half cup of usable onions. Kind of a caloric sinkhole as far as survival goes.

My biggest problem is the necessity for a well stocked pharmacy that still gets resupplied. Once that area of civilization goes tits up, so go I. There isn't much point in elaborate plans that something simple like that will unravel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll go much earlier than you:
-no ammo, no arms
-no pharmaceuticals except tylenol and C-vitamins
-rental apartment in Muslim-occupied zone
-kitchen stocked for a month only (see "rental apartment". Not much warehouse space)
-no transportation except public
-no water supply/garbage removal except public
-the only tradeable goods are what's in my head. OK, not true: I also have a sewing machine and know how to operate it. Except computers, but they'll obsolete quickly.

Darwin is shaking his head at me.

Anonymous said...

On the subject of wild onions, don't worry about the bulbs, just use the tops like chives.

Lisa Paul said...

Way ahead of you: Own well water supply. Garden I can feed myself from. Wine cave I can use as a defensive position. Plenty of wild turkeys and deer for protein. Two terriers for protection. Barrels of wine for medicinal or barter purposes. Guns. But not the knowledge to use them effectively for more than blowing the paddles off of Nopale cacti. Note to self...