Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Quality Time With Dad







The father shark was taking his boy out to teach him hunting techniques. As they were working to find something, they came upon a ship foundering with people jumping overboard. So, Dad took his son aside to tell him what to do.

Son, I want you to listen to me - we've got a chance to eat a lot here if we do it right. So, do what I say and we'll be fine.

Okay, Daddy!

The first thing we need to do is to circle around those people several times while only showing the tip of our dorsal fin. After we've done that for a while, we'll move on to the next step. Do you understand?

Yes, Daddy! You want me to swim around only showing the tip of my fin!

That's right son. Let's get to it.

So, they swam around the hapless swimmers for a while until Dad spoke up.

Okay, son, I want you to listen close. We're going to swim around like before, only this time, we're going to show all of our dorsal fin. Plus, we're going to surface and roll a little to show our eyes and teeth. I want you to look at those people and have a big smile on your face. We'll do that several times, okay? Now, tell me what I want you to do.

You want me to show all of my fin, and show off our eyes and teeth a little bit, and we're gonna swim around while we do that.

Yes, Son! I'm proud of you! You're listening well! Now, lets get to it!

So, father and son swam around the swimmers, flashing their teeth and giving them the eye. After several laps, the dad called to his son:

Okay, Son, let's eat!

And so they did. They ate all the swimmers. After they were done and were swimming around to settle their tummies, the son had a question:

Dad, can I ask you a question?

Sure Son, anytime! 

Why did we have to swim around like that? Why didn't we just go ahead and eat those folks?



Well, son, they taste better without all the shit in 'em.

1 comment:

drjim said...

Almost thought it was going to be a lawyer joke.
Why don't lawyers get eaten by sharks?
Professional courtesy!