Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ukeleles!


link

Got this in an email today - but it said this was how the original theme song was made. Well, sorry, but not really - there were strings involved, but I seem to remember each of the three characters had a specific instrument. It was composed by Ennio Morricone, who worked quite a bit with Sergio Leone - the producer of the "Man with No Name" Trilogy and King of the Spaghetti Westerns. Viva Clint Eastwood, indeed!

Well, all that is fine and good, but just who the crap are the performers in the video? The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain would be the answer. They have an extensive presence on YouTube - there are a wide range of pop songs from Rock Around The Clock to Smells Like Teen Spirit and all manner of goodies in between. I make no claims as to proper musical tastes or knowledge, but this bunch - in My Humble Opinion - is pretty dern good and certainly not mainstream.

H/T Nunkle Kim

3 comments:

Cedar View Paint Horses said...

A good memory from my yoot is of Pastor Heim playing the ukulele for us Sunday schoolers. He was good and funny and kept us kids interested in that church stuff. Chubby dude, white robe, and a lil' ukulele. I guess amusement came cheap then.

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorites...also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrenPqXgdBk

I think you'll enjoy this, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfLhnkme2mE

MorningGlory said...

I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday, Jeffro!