Sunday, March 06, 2011

Exercise in Futility



Dear Jeff:

You are one of my closest supporters. So, I wanted to make sure you heard the news. I have decided to explore running for president.
Oh, really?!?! Closest supporters? Since when? Just what we need - another washed up RINO muddying up the waters for the Republican race for a presidential candidate.

Over the last year I've watched a failure in leadership, and have spent a lot of time thinking and praying about taking the first step. I am writing you to ask for your advice, as Callista and I consider whether or not I should run in 2012.

What I need to do right now is listen to and learn from people all across America. I need to be certain that if I run, my candidacy will have the support it will need to make a positive difference for our nation. However, I can't do it alone. What I am hoping you will do is help me and support me during this exploratory process.

I have asked a lot from you over the years. In return you have humbled me by demonstrating your talent, energy, and financial sacrifice that reflect how deeply you and others like you, care about our nation. You are an indispensable part of helping me decide what to do next, and I have to tell you, I need you now more than ever before. If I run, this will be the single biggest challenge we've ever faced together. So, success depends entirely upon you. I want to hear from you. I need to hear from you. So let me ask you:

1. Would you support my candidacy if I were to run for President?
2. Will you support my exploratory effort with a financial contribution
of $35, $50, $100, or even more at this vitally important early
"Newt Explore 2012" stage today?

Of course, all the links in the email lead straight to a donation page, but hey, he asked for my opinion, did he not??? The home page has a submission form for contacting Newt, so this is what I said:
You are not my first choice for the Republican candidate for the 2012 Presidential election. However, I would reluctantly vote for you over the current occupant of the office. I would not support your efforts with any of my hard earned money.
He asked for my opinion. I'll bet my comment will have the same effect as urinating into a stiff breeze(that's PC for a more crude saying we use out in the windy country). Since we're such good friends and all, anyways.

2 comments:

Earl said...

I want something different, NONE of the ABOVE seems like a winner.

What really would happen without a President for four or eight years?

CGHill said...

I'm trying to figure out how far down the list Newtros-Newtros Gingi really is, and I'm thinking he's running behind Mitt Romney's hair stylist.