Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's What's For Dinner


And what do ya know - that's not even a Black Angus. I'd bet it's just as tasty, but maybe that's just me.

On a related topic, there is a picture just waiting for me to snap if all the stars align properly (I'm about gonna have to catch one parked somewhere). A local feedlot has a few cow wagons, and they're "famous" locally for the artwork on the rear of their "pots." It's similar to the pic above, only there is a chicken pecking at the - ahem - fertilizer. The caption reads: "What Will It Be, Chicken or Beef?"

Well, now that you put it that way........

H/T Dave

3 comments:

threecollie said...

Cannot wait to see that picture! The boss's chiropractor was telling him just how much better for him chicken was than beef, and the boss, who is a born farm guy explained to him about some of the habits of the hen clan....I'll bet he plumb ruined his dinner for him lol

Jeffro said...

I've gotten behind one before, but I'd have to about touch my bumper to the trailer to get a good pic going down the road with my cell phone camera. Voice of experience - heh. So, I'm gonna have to capture that pic parked - and they don't seem to stop at the same places I do.

Heh. At least a seed has been planted in the bone cracker's head!

drjim said...

Chickens are absolutely disgusting animals. Very tasty when properly cooked, but I've had friends that raised chickens, and the critters are dumber than a brick, and will eat *anything*!