Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Not Aging Well

That would be me.

Yesterday, I made a trip to Wally World - I get my drugs, groceries and many other sundry items there as a rule. One stop shopping, doncha know. I'm not much for running all over town to buy a certain thing from one store, then dash off to the next one for the next item. Nope, it's all about convenience for me.

So, I was buying some items to fill in the corners of the ol' pantry, as it were. Among the items were some tomatoes, Swiss cheese and wheat bread. I had all my groceries sitting on the passenger seat and on the floorboard of the ol' Chebby Z71, and on my way home, it occurred to me that I was not seeing the loaf of bread. Well, crap, I wasn't finding the tomatoes or the dern cheese, neither. What in the wide wide world of sports had just happened?

Near as I can tell, I either left it in the shopping cart, never completely unloading it then pushed it into the cart rack. Or, I never got it loaded up at the checkout counter. I was the last customer that day for the checker - she was closing up as I left. It could have been on her rotating sack rack.

I think it was my fault and I just left the sacks in the stupid cart. I generally haul my bread and eggs in the child seat as to avoid the rough and tumble of the main compartment, and I sure think I remember putting the sack that held the bread up there.

I do not care for these kind of mysteries. Apparently I'm a prime example of a CRS* sufferer. Or, as the case may be, I might just be going whole hog and exhibiting symptoms of CRAFT**.

I've always said I can hear my Daddy speak at certain times in my life, even though he has passed on. On this occasion, he told me that I'd forget my a$$ if it weren't hooked on. Thanks, Dad, for that pithy and useful wisdom. Really helped out there.

* Can't Remember Shit
**Can't Remember A Fucking Thing.

12 comments:

lotta joy said...

This is something that has gotten increasingly bad lately. My husband now follows me around and picks up whatever it was I went into the kitchen to get. He doesn't complain though, because when I forget, I look around and realize I'm in the kitchen, then start cooking.

Jeffro said...

That sounds like a win to me!

Anonymous said...

If it'll make you feel better, I went out sans my phone today: right when I needed it (expecting 2 calls from potential contractors). Remembered about it only when walking through the lobby at work. As soon as I remembered, something else popped up: that I forgot to take out the garbage. Prepared it, tied the bag - and left it in front of the door.

Yeah, real CRAFTy.

Jeffro said...

Apparently, we'll all suffer together, at any rate.

Cindy Salem-Daniel said...

LOL!! Jeff I can relate to that CRS& the CRAFT!! It really sucks sometimes getting older!! Glasses on my head or looking for the keys I know I put right on the table but somebody put them on the counter. Who moved them on me? LOL Thank you for the chuckle!!

Jeffro said...

I do what I can, Cindy. If I remember.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lSliucgygc&list=FLg0WSqJFjOhmRSsIdrjkPtg&index=29&feature=plpp_video

Sorry, I'm not HTML savvy enough to shorten the link, hope it works.

threecollie said...

Ain't it fun though?

Anonymous said...

We are all following the same ol path. We are DOOMED!!!!!! Give me your money.

Jeffro said...

Farmist: Heh, all of that seems mighty familiar. I saw my parents go through that, yeah, that's the ticket, not me, not at all.

3c - Ya just gotta step back and laugh about it, crying does not seem to accomplish much.

Anon - To whom?

Jinglebob said...

Sure glad I never do anything like that.......hey, what were we talking about?

Jeffro said...

I had this witty rejoinder all primed and ready do go, see, and.......