Thursday, August 14, 2008

Best Live Album



I remember hearing Peter Frampton's Frampton Comes Alive is the best live album ever made. I beg to differ.

I'd never even heard of Little Feat when I first heard Waiting for Columbus. I'm not even that big of a fan of jazz rock or a New Orleans kind of sound. This album was just pretty damn good. Somewhere I've even got an Original Masters Recording (or their competitor, which I've forgotten). The CD version available now is politically correct - the song Don't Bogart That Joint isn't on the brave new world's version.

Roll another one
Just like the other one
You've been holding on to it
And I sure would like a hit

Don't Bogart that joint my friend
Pass it over to me
Don't Bogart that joint my friend
Pass it over to me


Don't get me wrong - I had to quit that shit a long time ago. But, I can listen to this song and laugh. And the album is a quality performance. Very little "new" music sounds as well crafted as these guys did, so long ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope.

Best live album is "Made in Japan" by Deep Purple.

Nothing against Little Feat, and it's a good one too, but ... not the best.

JMHO :)

Jeffro said...

I like Deep Purple, and "Made in Japan" is a great album, too.

At least we agree that "Frampton Comes Alive" isn't the best!