Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Tenth Birthday


Wikipedia is ten years old today.

Seems hard to believe, doesn't it? It's really only been in the last four or five years that the site has insinuated itself into my life as a go to reference. It seems every time I visit, the coverage of any given subject has expanded dramatically from the last time. They're even managing to gain respectability - it's not automatically called into doubt as a citable reference as in the past.

I can waste hours wiki-wandering.

1 comment:

drjim said...

Yeah, I even kicked a few $$ their way the other day.
I, too, can spend hours wandering around there. One link leads to another, and I might start out looking for a technical item, and wind up reading about some old, dusty movie.
I do NOT agree with their political slant on things (it's decidedly LEFT), but their technical articles are usually 99.9% correct.