Thursday, August 08, 2013

Travels


Spent a couple days in Grand Rapids, MN. We're talking cool weather there, and it was just the sort of temps that suit fat boys.

That would be daughter Allie, Mom Amy (my cuz), moi, and Dad Steve - my cuz-in-law. Number One Son was at his summer job.

Drove to Niles, MI today. I chickened out - Google and the nav unit wanted me to go through the east side of Chicago on the way down to I80. During rush hour. Nope, not at all what I did. Instead of getting off I39 and running I90 (plus all the damn toll roads) I ran I39 straight to I80 and came across. Only two toll roads that time.

I'll be spending a couple days here, then I'll head towards Indy.

5 comments:

lisa said...

Cool weather is good. My hubby hates it when it is hot. He is in Florida and he is hating it.

threecollie said...

You have a great time! You are braver than I am even driving within a hundred miles of Chicago.

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing - look what's happening ~East Chicago.

jed said...

Nice pic, Jeffro. I always like to see someone my age with more gray!

OTOH, you have more hair.

Gotta agree that the road less traveled is the way to go. Hell, I'd almost try to avoid Illinois altogether, though I know that's not practical.

jed said...

OTOH, you could've driven to the YouPee, then come south on I75, to US 131, reaching Niles by way of A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I got a gal, in Kalamazoo!