Friday, April 04, 2008

Response from a Legislator

I said I was going to contact my state representative and senator about the Greensburg Gun Confiscations. I have received a response from one of them - Senator Tim Huelskamp of Fowler, KS.

Dear Jeff,


Thank you for the e-mail. I wanted you to know that I led the Senate effort
to pass this legislation yesterday afternoon - and we were successful. By a
30-2 vote, we passed the bill to the Governor!


Sincerely,
Tim


He did not address my main request - which was an investigation into the illegal confiscations and evacuation. I expect this is as good as it's going to get. I got this email yesterday and have not heard from Melvin Neufeld, Ingalls KS, my state representative. I would not be surprised if I didn't hear from him, because HB2811 has passed the House. To be fair, he is the Speaker, and he is busy with the coal powered generating plant issue.

Now, it has to get past our hoplophobic Governor, Kathleen Sebelius - she of the Legislative override on concealed carry. Right now, she seems more focused on securing a job in Obama's possible presidency than governing Kansas. Except of course her concerns about CO2 production by coal powered power plants in Western Kansas. But, that is another issue for a different day.

No comments: