Friday, April 25, 2008

Mournful



This commercial has been around a while, but every time I see it I get misty eyed. David Duchovny's voice is perfectly suited for the Pedigree commercials because of his mournful tone. He even looks hang dog, but we don't see him. His voice alone is an effective tool for these commercials.

A couple years ago, I went to the Neighboring Big City Pound to adopt a cat. I've already got a dog, and she is very well suited to my lifestyle. I wanted to take home - well, most of the cats anyways. I restricted myself to one. I just don't have the room. The staff invited me to look at the dogs they had up for adoption.

I couldn't do it.

1 comment:

Mo K said...

I can't believe I haven't seen that particular commercial. You're right about Duchovny's voice.
The next dog we bring into our family will be from a shelter, if at all possible. I couldn't do otherwise, after reading Levin's book