Monday, August 27, 2012

Geico Fires The Gunny

Geico Actor: I Was Fired Because I’m a Conservative

Who isn’t familiar with that hilarious Geico commercial featuring a drill sergeant-esque therapist telling his “jackwagon” patient to take a trip to “mamby-pamby land” and get a hefty dose of self-confidence? It’s surely good for a laugh … or two. But the actor featured in the ad isn’t laughing today, after he says the insurance company fired him due to his conservative political leaning. “Yeah, I got fired,” R. Lee Ermey told TMZ. “Geico fired me because I had uh, I wasn’t too kind [...] about the administration. [...] If you’re a conservative in this town, you’d better watch out.”
Just remember this when you buy insurance. The little green gecko and the squealing pig are apparently not very open minded when it comes to conservative political views.

1 comment:

CGHill said...

It helps to remember that GEICO is, and has been for several years, owned by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway combine, and we all know how glued Buffett is to Barack's backside.