Friday, August 24, 2012

Don't Do It


In light of recent and past events at my former abode, namely the place burning down and the earlier burglary  where I lost the best guns I had, I have decided to issue a declaration. It seems that making businesses and public places gun free zones is considered a valid strategy to prevent criminals from breaking laws, so therefore I am adopting their tactics for use for myself.

From Hereon, I Declare My Current (and Any Future Domiciles) Abode To Be A Robbery And Fire Free Zone.

I expect this measure will be as fully successful for me as it has for those who have preceded me in using this grand and highly effective idea. Perhaps I can find some who will join me in a zenlike gathering of like minded individuals to, as a group, think positive thoughts to help universal karma make it so.

9 comments:

drjim said...

You feeling OK, Jeff?
:-)

Anonymous said...

aha, it's called "vigil".
I remember seeing them on TV right after 9/11: adults, men among them, holding hands and candles, formed circles and chanted nonsense.

My immediate thought was "brainless mice".

and another thing I remember: on online comment threads, among endless idiotic hand-wringing and self-flagellation appeared some Russian immigrant (a girl, if I remember correctly), with photoshopped photo of Twins into a middle finger to muslim scam and a message: "next one will be higher and better" - and boy how ashamed and terrified of her reaction were they! she was practically ostracized.

jed said...

Jeffro, I like your idea! I like it so much, that I'm going to use the same idea, only in reverse.

I hereby declare that my environs shall be an abundant single women zone.

Jeffro, you're a true genius!

Jeffro said...

OTOH, I am for thinking you - jed - are the true genius, because you have taken my simple idea and expanded it into a new and very admirable area. What a great idea!

Jena said...

This is OT... but Happy birthday! It is Today, 27th, right?

Jeffro said...

Yes it is, Jena!

Bob's Blog said...

Belated happy birthday! Mine was on the 13th, but I didn't tell anyone. How did you do on the tennis ball course?

Jeffro said...

Thanks, Bob! I updated the post a little while ago in the comments.

Jeffro said...

Oh, and sheesh! Where in the wild wild world of sports are my manners? Happy Belated Birthday to you, Bob!