Thursday, October 07, 2010

Enough Already


Mmmkay - Democrats have had control of Congress since 2006, and the Presidency since 2008. Yet it's all W's fault - with his evil minion Dick Cheney - the real power behind the incompetent and childish former President. Granted, that was one of Oliphant's recurring themes - that Bush couldn't survive without the killer adult leadership (owned by Big Oil) from Cheney.

I hasten to remind everyone that in 2003 W tried to reign in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which didn't set well with Barney Frank. You know, the guy who'd been sleeping with Herb Moses, an executive with Fannie Mae.

Yep, most ethical Congress evah! Not that the Republicans are any better - just that the "holier than thou" 'tude is getting under my skin.

But, according to Oliphant, it's all Bush's fault. Go figure.


While I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment expressed here - I fear what the Phelps family does will turn out to be "protected." Of course, just because they can doesn't mean they should. The God who guides me tells me to tone down hatred rather than incite it. Last I checked, He appreciated a more positive image from me rather than provoking revulsion in His name.

But, maybe that's just me.


Aaand, just because I find Family Circus stultifying and sickeningly saccharine sweet (I'm gonna be a hypocrite by not being tolerant of this treacle) - Yes. We all know Dolly is a simple chucklehead. Let's not broadcast it across the universe, mmmkay???? Plus, we know how thoughtful and selfless she is - her whole being has been summoned just to draw a hopelessly poor picture of - not one of her siblings, friends, parents or grandparents - just her. It's all about her. It's always about her.

No comments: