Friday, March 08, 2013

Who Will?


link

This is the theme music for an ad promoting adoption of children in Kansas. It's been tugging at the ol' heart strings - enough to finally look up who it was and just what was goin' on here!

At first I thought it might be someone like a Sarah Mclachlan of the abused children set or something, but it turns out to be JJ Heller, a Christian folk singer who says Damien Rice and Patty Griffin were influences to her style, and that All Music describes her sound has being comparable with Jewel, Alison Krauss, Sara Groves and Griffin.

The Kansas adoption commercial only uses the first little vignette in the song, so it was pretty neat to hear there was more. And this line struck me as powerful:
 And now that you'll listen, I'll tell you that I..."

Sheesh, that's it. Listen.

1 comment:

Bob's Blog said...

Yes, a beautiful voice. I'm glad Kansas is using it.