Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mr. Gabby

You may have heard that Mark E Kelley, Gabby Gifford's hubby, is in favor of gun control. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I'm not sure how their efforts would have eliminated the threat to his wife, but there you have it. He's free to feel how he feels, but he isn't free to infringe upon my rights; like it or not.

But that's neither here nor there. The other day he was caught out purchasing an AR-15, and the act hit the news. He did not announce that he was going to purchase one, nor did he announce his intentions to purchase a .45. After the news came out, he then posted on Facebook

I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a 45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet. We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole.
He has not, to this point, announced what his reason for purchasing the .45 is/was, or if he will turn it over to the police as well.

Mmmmmmkay. I know if I want to make a well publicized point, I always step right out and do something without letting anyone know about it to achieve maximum publicity. Oh, wait.....

Or, for instance, let's assume I want to show how ineffective drunk driving laws really are. I'm sure I'd get plastered and drive all over, and it I happened to get pulled over, why I'd be just protesting. If I didn't, well, I'm sure I'd turn myself in. Promotion coming later and all. Yeah, that would work.

Nope, I'm not buying it. Mr. Giffords was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and all this other crap is just playing CYA. Okay for me, but not for thee, until I'm shown as a flaming hypocrite.

Wonder what the odds are he's gonna keep that .45? Of course, he'll catch a break from any sort of investigative reporting from the mainstream media - if they didn't see it, it didn't happen, and they never see liberals being hypocrites.

H/T Breitbart

3 comments:

drjim said...

And they'll never change, which is the scary part!

Anonymous said...

So, basically, he's complaining the background check was done quickly and efficiently. I guess, if it was done in typical government manner - requiring months of filling out forms in certain color of ink and sending them back and forth at precise phase of the moon - he would remove all objections!

Oops, sorry, even this benefit-of-the-doubt reasoning look very silly.

lisa said...

Just goes to show you how ignorant some people can really be and how much they can really pi.. you off! Like you said, they will not infringe on my rights.