Sunday, March 10, 2013

Random Sunday Thoughts


I'm a South of the Border kinda guy. Yep, I'm hooked on the crap Taco Bell shovels out at us all. I just do - it tastes good to me. Not that I don't like going to most Tex Mex restaurants - I do, and love the biggest share of all those places I've been. But when I need something quick to haul home because I just don't feel like taking the time to cook or to stop and eat, South of the Border is right up there with Wendy's, Sonic, et. al. I grew up with Taco Tico (and after non payment of taxes, eating there in the State of Kansas is Right Out), and frankly their offerings taste really, really musty and dank to me now. And to think I used to consider that crap some pretty fine hangover food. Honestly, the greasy sludge seemed to sop up queasy stomach crud immediately if not before. But, it's all Bell alla time these days.

I also like the "new" Doritos Locos Tacos in Nacho Cheese and have some with most orders. So, it was with great anticipation I awaited my opportunity to feast upon the all new Cool Ranch Doritos Tacos.

Surprise, surprise - I like 'em. Sour cream only improves things. I like them more than the Nacho Cheese variety. Something about that flavor blends more into their other seasonings better than the Nacho Cheese Dust. But, as in all things, YMMV!

And my other random thought for the day?




Marie Osmond. Sang the Star Spangled Banner at the NASCAR race in Vegas earlier this afternoon. Wind blowing rather unpleasantly and ruffling up her hair didn't bother her a bit - she's a trouper for sure. Sang great, and guess what? Still flippin' hawt!

I've parked my libido on the porch and let the big dawgs run, but I still have eyes that see. Just call me an art lover. Or a dirty old man. Both work.

4 comments:

Jess said...

I didn't realize they now had a Cool Ranch taco. I'll place it on my list of things to try.

Taco Bell is probably as good as most of the Mexican restaurants you find scattered around the country. When you find a "real" Mexican restaurant and taste the food, you realize how much of the fine flavors of Mexican cuisine you've missed.

Jeffro said...

The roach coaches around here who's clientele is mostly Mexican are pretty good. Plus they serve authentic organ meats, and dishes I'd never heard of before. One time I got some sort of corn and milk soup that was really thick and really good, but I cannot think of what they called it.

drjim said...

I have to admit I like Taco Bell, too.

When I'm near one, and need to eat something NOW, a beef and cheese burrito always hits the spot.

And yes, the years have been very kind to Ms. Osmond. She's still a very attractive woman!

Jeffro said...

I wish they had enchiladas. But, I suppose that's right out, because they couldn't wrap it up, along with beans and rice.