Saturday, May 28, 2011

Driving Test

News about driving in general seems to attract my attention for some reason, so this kinda jumped out at me:
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - A study by GMAC Insurance finds that nearly 20% of Americans are unfit for the road and a large percentage of people don't know what a yellow traffic light means.
Phillip Brewer joked, "There's a joke about the green light, red light, and yellow light. Red light means stop and green light means go and yellow light means go faster."
According to the survey 85% of drivers don't know the right thing to do when they come to a yellow light.
GMAC also found that 1 in 5 drivers on the road cannot meet the basic requirements to get a drivers license.
So, with that thought in mind, I offer a test of my own:
Most men will get this right!

You are driving along a narrow two lane road with a NO PASSING sign posted, with double lines, and come upon a bicycle rider. Do you follow this slow-moving bicycle rider for the next 21 miles, or do you break the law and pass?

Which is the correct choice?
Slightly NSFW after the jump.



Obviously you follow instead of breaking the law. Why take unnecessary risks?

4 comments:

Lisa Paul said...

Follow unless you get to a straight-away and can see at least a mile ahead.

20% you say? I bet you meet all of them while you are on the road.

Anonymous said...

Omy. I would never break the law. In this case!!!!!

CGHill said...

On the way home, I pass by two intersections where Red means "You, too, if you hurry."

Sometimes I see one vehicle sliding through on red. Once in a great while, two. Friday, there were three at one time.

And me without a grenade launcher, either.

KurtP said...

I was coming home from my last load delivering corn syrup one Saturday and almost back to the terminal.
It was starting to rain in patches and I and one other truck were on HWY 90W.
We came close to a stop light and as soon as that light TURNED YELLOW-he slammed on his brakes.
He slid halfway through the intersection and even though I was in the hammer lane- my trailer was in the granny lane as I was pulling that lanyard.

I finally stopped sliding about5' from his bumper.

Farging dumb-@ss.