Friday, December 17, 2010

Why I Don't Fly

link

I heard this on Bob and Tom the other day, so when it appeared in my email inbox, well, it just seem fortuitous.

I haven't flown since the nineties. I was disgusted by the cattle car mentality and the security measures then, much less now. Seriously - cattle cars. The optimum human has to be about 5'2" and 98lbs to fit in the average coach class seat. Even in the nineties, when I was "thin" I was in the 250~60lb range, plus being over a foot taller. My shoulders hang out over the width of the seats.

I and a pal flew to Lost Wages. I figured on having a good time, so I brought "protection" for Mr. Winky, if you know what I mean and I think that you do. The security assholes stole those items from my luggage.

I'd rather drive, thank you very much. Plus, as a trucker, I get unwanted stops and checks with no probable cause already. Got enough of that crap in my life.

H/T Eddie

No comments: