Sunday, February 10, 2008

How the Lord of the Rings Should Have Ended

Well, as you all know, I'm at home watching movies. Turner Classic Movies had a showing of Return of the King tonight. Naturally I had to watch it, even though I've seen it three hundred twelve times already. I was introduced to the books in my freshman year at college. Both my roommate (still on of my best friends) and I devoured the books - even skipping some classes to reach the end. Both of us were, and still are, sci-fi and fantasy geeks. I don't read much new stuff anymore, but I'll reread some favorites from time to time.

At any rate, the movies were anticipated and enjoyed by most of the fans of Tolkien's work - ya can't please everyone. Even so, there has been a rather large plot hole in both the novels and the movies. We winkled it out ourselves way back when, but still managed to suspend disbelief because we enjoyed the ride so much. However, after seeing this little video, I have to laugh every time I see one of the movies. If you haven't figured it out by now what the plot hole is, and wish to remain ignorant and enjoy the books and movies without irony, I strongly recommend not watching the video. However, if you are like me, you'll watch it.



"That was incredibly easy" indeed!

2 comments:

Sezme said...

Funny! Or should I say, "precious."

Anonymous said...

Yea that would have been easy for sure. Ha Ha! I never thought of that!