Monday, July 27, 2009

Something New

I'm a wuss. Yep, it's true. I don't like to get out of my comfort zone while driving. I do not like to go somewhere I've never been. I don't have a sleeper, I don't know where the truck stops are, I don't know where the motels with good truck parking are, I don't know about the low underpasses or the truck routes not on maps and so on. But, I'll go places with others who have been there and know what to expect, so I can learn.

So, I and two others are headed to Savannah, GA to deliver some tanks. It's all business - we aren't gonna go to the beach or sightsee - the truck parking at those sort of things is usually non existent. We'll get down there as quickly as possible and point the rigs back to the house.

But, it will be kinda cool - I've never been that far "back East" before. Western Ohio or Western Kentucky is my benchmark at the moment. My alarm is set for 4:30am so we can leave as early as possible tomorrow morning - gonna be some long days! So, my 'net presence is probably gonna be pretty limited for a bit! Cya later!

No comments: