Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Harumph

Yesterday, I tried posting here with the Crackberry using the Blackberry browser. I could navigate to this page, but there was no login or new post options. I Googled Blogspot Login and was able to access my account, and even had an extremely minimal blog post interface. I was unable to access anything else, such as the option to edit posts, or anything else at all. Publish Post or Save Now - the only choices.

So, I laboriously pecked out a post on the chiclet keyboard, and hit the publish button. I was presented with the previous screen with about eight words of my first sentence. I thought - this is Alltel, and I was in a fairly poor coverage area, so maybe it has to have an EDVO signal. I typed it all out again, and when I had the required signal I sent 'er off again. Same result. Nothing showed up on this page. On the off chance there was some kind of browser cache issue, I shut the phone off and pulled the battery. Nope, it didn't publish.

Doing a bit of Googling just now, I find I have to email my posts - I've already tried that with Letter Me Later to publish on a schedule, and it didn't render HTML worth a crap. I've also learned perhaps the Opera browser for Blackberry might work.

All I know is for mature technology, it ain't worth what fills the cow lot. Internet at our fingertips? We gotta long way to go, baybee. Brain to internet interface? I doubt I'll volunteer.

And here I thought we'd have flying cars by now. Gah.

4 comments:

Cedar View Paint Horses said...

You doin' all this thumb-peckin while driving that big rig?

The Local Malcontent said...

Currently there are some glitches at 'Blogger' itself, Jeff-
Don't be too hasty to blame your blackberry.

Jeffro said...

CVPH - yep, but I was on US412 between US83 and US283. Not much there there.

TMC - It sure could be Blogger all by it's lonesome on this issue, but I've had other problems with the internet accessibility with the ol' Crackberry. This incident just pushed me over the edge....

Jerry in Texas said...

I feel your pain with technology this week. But, I did successfully get an MP3 player to work on my blog. It's the simple things that bite you in the butt.