Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Because I've Been Getting Chewed

I am posting the names and addresses of the banks who hold accounts for moi - in case you didn't know, my name is Jeff Borland. Both banks know me and will make sure the funds end up in the proper accounts.
Cimarron National Bank
Box 228
Cimarron, KS 67835

And
First National Bank
Box 129
Cimarron, KS 67835


I am currently at the "Wright" place. It's a better house than my old hovel was - central heat and air, for one thing. Internet access is through a router with a couple extra antennas for phone data service. The closest tower is less than a mile away, so I'm getting a great signal. Not as fast as my old DSL, but it sure beats nuttin.'

Kudos to United Telecom in Dodge City. They basically donated the unit to me - I did not have to sign up for two years to use it. I just have to pay for the data (unlimited) for a month, or until I do get moved into town and back on the landline and DSL. They also offer digital cable there, so I may just have to give up the DirecTV addiction, since I'm on a tighter budget. When I'm done with the wireless access point, I'll be taking it back.

It's been late nights and kinda early mornings for quite a while. Perhaps tomorrow I'll sneak in a nap.

13 comments:

lisa said...

My prayers are still with you and if I lived closer I would help any way I could, like cook you a nice big dinner ;)

jed said...

Chewed?

Well, consider yourself spat out now.

Good to hear you're getting settled in. I'm still just floored. Still keeping you in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Check the Cimarron bank box, let me know if the check reached you.

Good night and sound sleep, Jeff.

Tomorrow will be a good day.

Jeffro said...

If y'all send a check, you WILL receive a thank you note from Sis, who is apparently related to Miss Manners. I certainly am not!

Anonymous said...

I am not asking for a thank you, let alone a thank you from your sister. I just wanted to know if you received the check, that's all.

Anonymous said...

To clarify: when my bank issues a check on my behalf, they do not inform me if the check was cashed or not.

Jena said...

awesome all around.

Jeffro said...

Tatyana: Fear not, I knew what you meant! They are keeping track of all donors for my sister, so we'll know right away.

Anonymous said...

Jeffro:
I found about about your "situation" from Chris' post at the GunCounter, (I'm CU74). A modest check will be coming your way via Cimarron Bank tomorrow. If prayers and good thoughts count, know that you have mine.

JCDozier

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers, and a little something on the way. Hang in there Jeffro...

Jeffro said...

All I can say is thank you, everyone. Kinda had to swallow my pride, and realize y'all really do want to help me.

Bob's Blog said...

Another small check on the way. I have also asked Instapundit to refer people here, and he says he will when his upgrade is finished.

Jeffro said...

Wow! Thanks, Bob.