Monday, August 29, 2011

Occupation: Fool*

*With apologies to George Carlin......

I found this in the spam box for one of my Gmail accounts - geez, I gotta wonder why it ended up there?

Hello,


My name is Angela Palmer; Sergeant in the United States army currently deployed to Afghanistan. I have a very desperate need for assistance and have summed up the courage to contact you.

I found your contact particulars in an online address journal and I am seeking your kind assistance to move the sum of six million and two hundred thousand United States dollars (US$6,200,000) to you for safe keeping or further investment into any viable business, as long as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here.

Source of Money:
A rather large sum of money in United States and other foreign currencies was discovered by me and members of my unit in a cave used by insurgents who we have strong beliefs also have links to some known terrorist groups. This money was amongst other valuables discovered.

The above figure was given to me as my share, and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me but with the help of a British contact working here and with his office enjoying some immunity, I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. he does not know the real contents of the package, and believes that it belongs to a British medical doctor who died in a raid here in Afghanistan, and before giving up, trusted me to hand over the package to his family . I have now found a very secured way of getting the package out of Afghanistan to you for pick up and invest it into any viable business until I am relieved of my duty to meet with you for my own share, and I will discuss this with you when I am sure that you are willing to assist me and that my money will be well secured in your hand.

I want you to tell me how much you will take from this money for the assistance you will give to me. one passionate appeal I will make to you is not to discuss this matter with anybody, should you have reasons to reject this offer, please and please destroy this message as any leakage of this information will be too bad for the U.S. soldier's here in Afghanistan. I have been shot, wounded and survived two suicide bomb attacks by the special grace of God. This and other reasons I will mention later has prompted me to reach out for help. Please contact me as soon as possible Through : sgt.angelpal@yahoo.co.uk

May God bless you and your family.


Angela Palmer

Sgt. US Army
"Online address journal?" Really? I'm totally into learning more about what sort of journal this is and what info they have, plus how a Sergeant in the US Army (yeah, right) managed to obtain this info.

one passionate appeal I will make to you is not to discuss this matter with anybody, should you have reasons to reject this offer, please and please destroy this message as any leakage of this information will be too bad for the U.S. soldier's here in Afghanistan

Whoopsie. My bad.

2 comments:

lisa said...

Now that is an offer that I CAN refuse! Some of the things that get sent through the web is just outragous!

Terry said...

At least she didn't butt dial you!! Whoopsie !!

Gotta love those spam scams, but sadly people do fall for them!