Thursday, December 20, 2007

Meme Time

My first meme! I wuz tagged by Mrs. Grim.

1. Wrapping or gift bags? You'd think I'd use gift bags - easy, convenient and so on. I still wrap, though.

2. Real or artificial tree? Artificial. It's a tiny one, lights already on, that I just pull from the box and straighten up a bit. I'm so easy I'm sleazy.

3. When do you put up the tree? It might be a month or a day before Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down? After Christmas. Who knows - when I get tired of it being in the way

5. Do you like egg nog?Not really - it's too thick and sweet and cloying.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? AFX electric HO scale slot car set. Too cool!

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Nope - lucky to have a tree.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm gonna depart the meme and tell about the worst gift I gave - I got the bright idea to disguise my present to my sister one year. We were both about the worst poke and prod bunch you ever saw, and my present was a couple LP record albums. Pretty easy to tell what she was getting. So, I wrapped them up, hid 'em, and wrapped up a small box with some rocks, nuts and bolts in it. Boy, when she shook it up, she had no idea - which was my intent. Enclosed was a note explaining for her to look behind the sofa for her real gift. Boy, was I excited about how clever I was. When she opened it and had a handful of junk, she immediately broke into tears - ignoring the note. I grabbed the note and begged her to stop crying, see the note? See what is says? Your real present is right over here! Gawd I felt bad, and rightly so. Talk about a bad idea. I expect my sis still bears mental scars from that little experience.

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Email - I'm a terrible written correspondent.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas - the jazz by Vince Guaraldi is great, and I love the overall theme and story.

1. When do you start shopping ? In time to ship presents out. This year the last minute thing is biting me in the butt.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mother made some fudge to die for.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored, all the way.

14. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night

I noticed MoK was hinting around about me doing this meme, so yeah, I was up to it. I'm gonna go all bah humbug and not forward this - everyone I know who would enjoy this has done it. If I don't get around to it later, Merry Christmas to y'all!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like egg nog. It makes brandy nutritious.

Sezme said...

Mmmm...fudge!