Saturday, September 08, 2007

What American accent do you have?

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland
Boston
North Central
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The South
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


High results for Boston? Are you kidding me? "I had a flat tahr on the cahr so I didn't get very fahr" don't sound like nuttin' from 'round here.

2 comments:

LBJ said...

I was the West as well. I don't think I have any accent at all, though when I moved up North from Southern Missori after living there over 10 years I had a little drawl thing going.

IHeartQuilting said...

I got Philadelphia. Since I live in the Philly area, I have to believe it's true.

"Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard."